In Classical Osteopathy, each session consists of a whole body approach to treatment. Functional changes made during one treatment will alter therapeutic findings as treatments progress, and your body begins to return to homeostasis. Hence, each session may address another piece of the puzzle. Osteopathic treatments help balance the body's systems by restoring motion to relieve pain, improve mobility, and stimulate the body's ability to heal itself. It is based on the understanding that when one part does not work well, the others have to work harder.
Osteopathic treatments have been proven to treat everything from Back and Neck Pain, Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), and Asthma, to Gastric Reflux/Heartburn, as well as countless other chronic conditions. Osteopathic principles teach that treatment of the musculoskeletal system (bones, muscles and joints), along with the viscera (organs and related tissues) and craniosacral system, stimulates the recuperative powers of the body to fight the disease or chronic issues on its own, without the use of pharmaceutical drugs.
Osteopathy is a gentle, non-invasive therapeutic approach used to treat:
- Back pain
- Neck pain
- Shoulder pain
- Athletic or work related strain injuries
- Muscle or ligament strains, ankle, elbow, knee
- Pregnancy and childbirth, gestation, labor and post-partum
- Muscle tension headache independent or associated with migraine
- Sinusitis, allergic rhinitis, Otitis media
- Infant colic, plagiocephaly
- Pneumonia, bronchitis, congestive heart failure
- Gastric reflux/Heartburn
- Anxiety and depression